Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valentines Day!

Hope you had a lovely day with all those that mean the most to you! 
Are you a traditionalist with candy and flowers? Do you do anything special today? 

We tend to just go out to dinner but don't exchange gifts.  
This is our second Valentine's Day in Texas, we did the exact same thing we did last year.  We went to our local watering hole, where they have the best craw-fish and had dinner. It's not the kind of place you need to dress up for.  It's more of the kind of place with torn seats and if the area was smaller everyone would know your name. We have a favorite waitress, but I think she is the only one that recognizes us.   Then we walked down the street to a new ice-cream and candy store to try some of their chocolate.  We were home by 8. 

I made a few cards for Valentines Day this year and invited the neighborhood to come and join me for a card class.  I had an awesome time!  This is the group that came to make cards. 

And a few shots of everyone in action.




The kids were the first to finish their cards! 


I made 4 card kits and everyone could choose 2-3 cards to complete.  

These are the cards we made.  





This is an adorable Penny Black image.  I colored with a combination of copics and colored pencils.  


And this is a cute stamp set from Sugar Pea Designs.  I colored with puppies with colored pencils and the shadow is copic markers.  

Thanks for visiting me today and have a wonderful Valentine's Day! 








Joyce

6 comments:

  1. You’re a good neighbor to invite everyone and very organized, too!! Cute cards, bet they had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet cards. Looks like a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to invite your neighborhood for being creative, Joyce ! It looks like a lot of FUN !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are darling and it looks like you had a fabulous time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave my kids the cards and they loved them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, they really do brighten my day!