Monday, August 12, 2013

Down and Dirty card post #6

Today I thought I would share a few more cards from Dare to Get Dirty at SCS.  One of the challenges was to use the chalkboard technique. Its a very interesting technique, and adds a unique look to your projects.  I made several pieces, then incorporated them into several of my cards.

Sending Thanks
For this card I made use the chalkboard technique sentiment as the focal point for the card.  The butterflies are made using the the polished stone technique then punched with a butterfly punch.  I finished the card by adding pearls and a chunky ribbon.  

The Tiniest Things
For this card I layered patterned paper, a doily, sheer ribbon under the chalkboard technique sentiment.  I finished the card with a button and twine.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great week! 

Enabling list...
Sending Thanks
Card Base- Coredinations
Chalkboard Paper- DCWV
Ink-Versamark
Embossing Powder- Zing white 
Ribbon- Offray

The Tiniest Things
Card Base- Coredinations
Patterned Paper- Prima
Ink- Versamark
Embossing Powder- Zing white
Ribbon- offray
Button and Twine- PTI



9 comments:

  1. Welcome to our blog group Joyce!

    I just adore this card! I love the chalkboard technique and you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. terrific technique on both cards. I'll have to try them both

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fabulous. I've never done the chalkboard technique, but it looks great and not too difficult. I'm sure you had fun playing in all the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so gorgeous. You have a wonderful way with ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore these! I love the chalkboard look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, I specially like the Sending Thanks. I'm familiar with the chalkboard technique, but will have to go find the polished stone technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the group! Is the chalkboard technique fun? Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your chalkboard card! We did have fun with DTGD, didn't we? :) all your cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, they really do brighten my day!