Friday, March 29, 2013

What are you working on?

One of my friends posed just that question on her blog last week.  She posts her What are you working on projects on Wednesday, but I already try to post Whip it Up Wednesdays or Wordless Wednesday, I just don't need another Wednesday.  So I thought it would be nice to share what I'm working on before the weekend starts, then next week I can share what I accomplished over the weekend.  It seems to work in my head anyway, we will see how it works here. 

So for this week I've been busy.  Last weekend my husband and I went out antiquing.  I was looking for some fun items to make into pin cushions.  I found several vintage perfume decanters, with the cutest little bobble lids.  And some white vases. Immediately I had the perfect idea.  So I've been working on these.  Totally re purposed, and so much fun!  I'll show you Monday. 
 

Next, is my sewing machine cover.  I pieced this then did most of the hand sewn binding while driving to West Virginia.  I just have one little piece to finish.  But I've been using it.  Really does help to keep the dust off my machine.  I need to make another now for my serger. 
 
 
 I also completed these card kit swaps for a Christmas in July card kit swap over at Split Coast Stampers.  I had so much fun putting together both traditional and non traditional colored kits. I can't wait to see the cards with the lavender and Christmas tree.  I'm thinking they will be stunning. 
 
 
 And lastly I participated in the virtual quilt retreat on the Quilting Board forum.  Carolyn did a fabulous job putting together the directions for a braided table runner.  I took a little break to travel with Ashlyn this week so I'll be working on this today. The center block is my first Dresden. It took me a bit to figure it out, but now that I know how to do them it will go so much smoother.  It really does give you a new perspective as to how they used to hand sew everything.  I will cherish every hand made quilt I own! I truly know the labor of love that went into them.
 
 
I just love the bright colors, I can't wait to see how it turns out. 
 Hopefully I'll be able to finish this this week as well. 
 
I also wanted to invite you to join the Pincushion and Pin Book swap on QuiltingBoard.com.  You can make either or both and you will get the same in return.  They also do Secret Pal swaps, I just joined my first one HERE
I just love getting swap packages in the mail, hope you consider joining. 
Would love to see what you make :)
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, they really do brighten my day!