Monday, March 4, 2013

Hola Monday!

Hope you had a fabulous weekend!  I've been playing with a new stamp set that needed to see some ink.  I just received my February Papertrey Ink package and in the package was the Birds In Bloom, this years anniversary set.  It's very pretty, with lots of little flowers and vines. 


While searching some of my favorite internet places this morning I came upon CAS-ual Fridays blog, which led me to CAS-ual Fridays stamps, which I now am in need of:)  The CAS-ual Fridays blog hosts a challenge weekly and I thought I would play along this week. This weeks challenge is to make your own background.  I made my own background using Birds In Bloom on a mailing tag. 

I have wanted to try adding new colors in unusual ways so I thought I would try stamping the leaves and vines in smokey shadow.  I think I'll be using this technique more often. 
 

The tag is for the packaging to go along with my Mad Hatter pin cushion. 

 

I use PTI and felt and ribbon a a prima embellishment to complete the hat.  I love how it turned out!
Thanks so much for stopping by and we will see you next for Wordless Wednesday.  Have a fabulous week!
 

4 comments:

  1. Pretty tag, Joyce! And I love the feathers on that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, I love how you used the new anniversary set! I'll have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mad Hatter pin cushion is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I like the vines in the smokey shadow, I'll have to try that myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, they really do brighten my day!