Tuesday, March 7, 2017

MAKE IT MONDAY #277: NAIL POLISH MARBLING

Hi all!

A little mixed media project for you here today.
I know, I am not a get messy kinda gal unless it comes to coloring Easter eggs
and baking Christmas cookies! Then it's ok, to an extent ;)
I don't like messes.  I have to say I even like my house to be clean and in order to scrap.
That being said my studio is the messiest room in our home.

So today I took on the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge, Nail Polish Marbling.
Years ago I remember this being a pinterest thing for nails.
We even tried it at a scrap booking get together.
It was messy, and only a few nails actually turned out kinda nice.
So, let's see how this will go.

You can watch the video here and join the challenge by clicking here.  

I used a disposable take out food container, so the mess would be easy to clean up.
And tooth picks to swirl the polish in the water.
I dipped several sheets of white and kraft in hopes of getting one that was usable.



These are the papers I dipped in various colored polishes.

And this is the card I made.
I chose to use the one on kraft cardstock.


I added a strip of paper to coordinate with the nail polish to add the sentiment.  


And there you have my mixed media card using nail polish marbling.  

Thanks so much for stopping by! 





PTI carstock
PTI Birthday Basics






Joyce

7 comments:

  1. Wow , Joyce you had so many colors to chose from! I kinda had all the same colors :) I so love the beautiful and fall-ish colors you used on your awesome card! Looks like you have many to play with now. I think I might of buy some inexpensive colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the polish on Kraft. That was pure genius! Did you get one certain kind of nail polish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I just used what my daughter had. Most of it was from WalMart. But I don't remember the brand. I can let you know tonight.

      Delete
  4. Your marbling really turned out nice. To me this looks like looking at falling leaves in Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your marbling is beautiful and doing it on Kraft is a nice twist on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! You came up with some terrific marbled backgrounds! I like your colour coordinated sentiment strip, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, they really do brighten my day!