Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Birds of A Feather Kit Guest Post

Hello everyone!
I'm so excited to be guest designing this month for Birds of a Feather Kits.
You can see the original blog post on the Birds of a Feather Gallery site here.
 
 I thought I would start off the month with a quick and easy way to add a little extra sparkle to your pocket page projects, cards or layouts. 

What you will need is:
Clear card protector
 baseball card protector, or recycled packaging from your kit.
Small die cuts, sequins, or the pretty red florets from this months kit.
 Sewing Machine or decorative tape. 
 

 Place your little treasures in the clear envelope.  Measure to the size you need.  I made this 3X4.
Then sew around the outer edges and trim any excess envelope.
 

 
And there you have a quick and easy embellishment to add a little sparkle to your projects!
 
I'll share my finished project with this later in the month!


One of the things I like to do is find new ways to use products I already have in my stash.
Let's combine the shaker embellishment idea along with some PL type cards and see what happens!


What you will need is:
List from above
PL type cards
Hole punch or dies to make window.
Card base.
Patterned paper
Foam dimension adhesive
And sentiment stamps or dies
 
 
Let's get started!

For the card base I used a Coordination's Card Base then added one of my 4X6 PL cards cut down to size and rounded the corners.  I also rounded opposite corners of the card base


Next,  punch or die cut the window in the card that you will use for the front.  Cover the back side of the card with your clear plastic.  Then add foam dimension adhesive around the window and fill with small embellishments.  Cover the embellishments with another sheet of clear plastic. 
(I used packaging and just cut it down to a 2.5" X 3" piece)

 

To finish the card I added a die cut hello sentiment across the front.
Then tied the bottom with a piece of twine and fussy cut the flower from another PL card
and adhered it with foam adhesive.

 

Give it a try and be sure to share what you make in the Birds of a Feather Gallery.
 
I'll be back on the 7th with my first project made with this months fabulous kit!

Have a great day,
Joyce































10 comments:

  1. Your card turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I like how you put the "hello" in front of the shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! I love a shaker card and yours turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love working with shakers. Always thought of them as a page embellishment, not as a card front. Duh! LOL Thanks, Joyce. Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so cute !! such a fun creative card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I was just looking for how to do this! :) I can't wait to see your finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super shaker card Joyce - I must have a go at one of these.

    Love Annexxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tutorial. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, they really do brighten my day!