Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy Wednesday!

Hope your having a great week so far.  I've been doing tons of domestic stuff.  The spring weather had me in a cleaning mood so I've been making some changes to my craft room.  The first thing I did was re purposed an antique wood box to use for my washi tape.  I have had it a while, but it just wasn't that useful.  There was no way to know what was in which drawers and I sure couldn't remember.  Now it houses my Washi tape. 
 
Now I can see which tape in in which drawer and I have room for plenty more.   
 
For today's crafty share I made a card for the MFT challenge at Splitcoast stampers.  Linda was so nice and sent me this stamp set so I could join a MFT swap.  It's my very first person stamp so I had fun coloring last night. 
 
 
Isn't she the cutest! 
 
And lastly for today I made some amazing sticky buns. 
 
I started with a sweet roll recipe from a friend. It was for a bread machine but as I don't have a bread machine I tweeked it for my kitchen aid mixer.  I also like sticky buns better, so I added a  bit more of the gooey stuff to the bottome of the pan:)
 
 
Sticky buns
2 1/4 teaspoons yeast (1 package)
1 cup of warm milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
4 to 4 1/2 cups flour (I only use 4)

Put ingredients in your bread machine in order listed in your manual.
** do not put on timed delay due to the eggs** or use your kitchen aid with bread hook (this is how I do them) when dough comes together in a nice ball let rest, cover with plastic wrap and sit them in the oven turned off covered with a dish towel slightly wet with hot water.when the dough doubles in size...
Roll out to a rectangle then:

filling
1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon

Cover dough with filling, roll up then slice into rolls. Make a second batch of filling (if you like the really sticky) and place it in the bottom of you baking pan. Then put in rolls about 2 inches apart, let raise slightly then bake until top is nicely browned. Flip out while still hot and gooey. Cool slightly and enjoy.

Note, if you have an electric oven then turn it on keep warm or the lowest temp, leave the door open and leave your dough rise.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, they really do brighten my day!