Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Happily we play along....


with the next crazy in paper crafting!  

Hello friends, hope your having a great day.  Today I decided to work on my first Pocket Letter Pal swap.  I have the page itself complete, but need to finish up the letter for in it.  So I decided to make my own stationary for the letter.  Which just so happened to fit perfectly into the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge, for the love of plants. I think I might just have a stamp or 1000 that will work for this challenge! 

I started with a piece of vellum.  Then stamped it with Memento Black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Next I broke out the copics for my 10 minutes of color for the #thedailymarker30day2 challenge.  Yup, day 9 and still going strong!  I colored the flowers and leaves.  Then turned it over and.....surprise, a gorgeous stationary waiting to be written on.  Well not exactly......


 next you want to add your score lines.  First I added columns so my stationary would fold perfectly to fit in my envelope with my pocket letter, then I added half inch score lines within the columns because my writing is just neater if I have lines.  


And there you  have it.  Beautiful handmade stationary to send and actually write a letter to mail.  
Imagine that!  

Have a great day and see you soon!  



Enablers List

Stamps: Heartfelt Creations
Paper: The Paper Company
Paper Size: 8.5x11
Ink: Momento

other: copic markers, zig embossing powder clear, Scor-pal

Joyce

12 comments:

  1. Wow! This is the coolest stationery in the history of ever! I thought it was so clever of you to use vellum the way that you did and adding the score lines was a touch of pure genius. I'm a total lit nerd who loves to read and write, so I was really impressed with how well you combined beauty and practicality here. Kudos on a really creative piece and I laughed when you said you had a stamp or 1000 that would work for our challenge! Glad I'm not the only hoarder....I mean...collector out there! Thanks so much for sharing this clever creation with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pocket letters look like a lot of fun but also a lot of work. I'm so bad at writing letters. One time you'll have to share one of your pocket letters with us - all the stuff you put into one. Your stationary is fabulous. What do you use to write on the vellum?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out beautiful Joyce!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous! I'll be happy when I can play with you guys! Creative Blessings ~Kel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joyce.. just a pop by to let you know I'm thinking of you. Please keep me posted on that precious nephew. Hugs & Blessings! Kel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lady! I know you're traveling but wanted to pop by and say hello. I'm planning on getting into the pocket letters just as soon as the studio is finished. Love your stationary! So elegant. Creative Blessings and Safe Travels.! Kel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by to say I miss you! hope you're having a good time traveling. Hugs & Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey lady. Are you still traveling? We miss you at PBR. Hope you're doing okay. Creative Blessings! Kel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss you!. Pocket Letters on my 'to do' list now that I'm in the studio! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, they really do brighten my day!