Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fall Handbag

Sorry I posted this without explanation earlier but had a very busy weekend. Just got back in after helping my parents pick new carpet and then clean and paint their living room. I'm exhausted! Anyway....this was my first sewing project. I made a fall handbag using a Butterick pattern. It was a bit of a challenge. I learned a few things. First I need more bobbins so I can have some in different colors. The machine I purchased doesn't have the stitch to sew around material the frays easily. And I can't cut a straight line with material either!



I'm very happy with how it turned out, although I'm going to look for a bigger button or broach.

3 comments:

  1. Is this your purse you made? It is beautiful and I see the button. Love your fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cute purse, I think the colors are great for Fall. Nice first project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Way to got!! And to tackle a purse for your first experience!! So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, they really do brighten my day!