Thursday, January 16, 2020

Growing in UNITY day 4

Day 4, what a week it has been! So hard to pick what images from Unity to use, honestly if I had time I would love to do a year of Unity and make a card a week.  Maybe after my beautiful daughter is wed and moved on to begin her new family.  I first saw this image from a swap I participated in on Splitcoast Stampers and I just had to have it.  I love poppies, although I have never lived where I could grow them.  And I never knew they came in so many colors until I googled them for inspiration to color this image. 


Someone asked how I mail my cards so I thought I would share a few tips I have learned over the years.  First if the card is just a bit bumpy I just used an extra sheet of card stock and place it on top of the card in the envelope.  


If the card is a bit too thick for just a sheet of card stock I use a piece of bubble wrap and a slightly larger envelope.  I place an extra 20 cent stamp on it and write on it in red to hand sort. I've never had an issue with mailing cards this way.  


For this card I started with the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #528. 
Of course I used a little maneuvering of the elements but I think It turned out great! 



And one final close up of my simple pencil coloring for this gorgeous Unity image.  


If your just finding your way to my blog this week be sure to  comment on each post this week to be entered to win a Unity Stamp Company huge prize pack of stamps! 
You can enter here, on my fb page as well as on my Instagram post for each day.  

Hope your week is going well. 

Joyce 




28 comments:

  1. She is beautiful, I love how you put the bow with the dot. I too put an extra piece of cardstock in cards if I am worried about mailing them

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! This is one of my favorite stamps sets, and I love your spotlight coloring! Thanks for the inspiration. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the image. Your bow is so pretty. I am bow challenged, so I am kind of jealous. :) This is such a pretty card. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this card! The stamp, the coloring, the embellishments! Another beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like everyone else, I love it. I have this stamp but have not used it yet, so thanks for the inspiration. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card, and love the bow finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty color combo and details! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty and great tips on the mailing of bumpy things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out beautiful. Thanks for sharing how you mail your cards. I always worry that my cards wont make it to their recipiant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the mailing tips. For this card the mix of patterned paper is just right. I struggle with that. Another beautiful card. Keep up the good work and I will be checking your blog regularly even after your week is over.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the layers! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the girl stamps Unity offer and this chicky babe is so cool. Your colouring is beautiful. I’m a big fan of poppies. Love everything about this. TFS. Happy day

    ReplyDelete
  15. I Love poppies!! I blame the Wizard of Oz!!! Your coloring of this Angie girl is perfect. 💜🌵

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the varied color you have used for the poppies! It is a breath of springtime, a bit of cheer as I sit in the midst of the snowiest winter I have spent in British Columbia.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your coloring is amazing and I love the bright happy colors you used. The background color is really pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another beautiful card Joyce! I think you and I have the same taste in stamps❤️

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was not aware that poppies came in other colors..learned something new, lol. I love this card..the colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So well colored! I am just catching up with you! Missed yesterday so found you! I have turned cards with the embellishment inside to protect it and it mailed perfectly like that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice card...different Linda than previous post-lol!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wonder if I can get 20 cent stamps from my post office... HMMM! Love this! I don't use a lot of embellishments but when I do I place an extra piece of card stock on top. I'm always worried something will catch and rip in the sorting machines.

    Lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Patricia Cousins1/17/20, 4:48 PM

    Omg! I love the colors! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. very pretty. I like the coloring you did on this card

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card! The poppies are so pretty with this gal.
    Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card. I grew up in California and the Golden Poppy is our state flower. They would pop up around the neighborhood, live in the same area but don't run into them as often. Might need to add her to my collection so I can have a poppy anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this card. The flower colors are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, they really do brighten my day!