Thursday, June 3, 2010

MMSC56, Using produts from your stash...

Sometimes I just like to play with items already in my stash.  For this project I wanted to try to make my own color wash type product.  Now I have a whole load of items in my scrap room kitchen that I pulled out to give a try.  First let's see how blending solution and odorless mineral spirits work . 

Add equal parts of ink (in this case I use a copic refill, buy you could use any alcohol reinker you  have on hand)  and blending solution to a mini mister (or any small spray bottle).  In the second mini mister I mixed equal parts of ink and OMS.  This is the result:





Pretty nice, but I like a little sparkle so I add some PK Glitz glitter to the bottles and this is what it looks like.  Kind of hard to see here, but it's yummy! 

Next I wanted to make a water based product so I pulled out the food coloring and mixed it with water, then used it to tea dye a scrap piece of trim.
I sprayed it randomly, then rinsed it under water and dried.  Then I made it into an embellishment to use on a card. 

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. i love this! you are so clever, girl! maybe you could do that for me when we get together.

    thanks for the congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! Thanks for sharing! What a lovely way to use things we have already to make trim perfect for the project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, they really do brighten my day!