Friday, February 12, 2010

Today's PTI Challenge



Yikes! What a day we are having at our house.  Ashlyn had leg surgery yesterday and today my husband is sick with the fllu.  I'm running between floors to try to keep them both somewhat at rest.  Anyway....it took me all day to get this one card in so here goes....
Today's PTI challenge was this:
Today we are issuing a very special challenge in honor of Asian Fusion and it's origins!  Your challenge is to create a project that somehow integrates origami of some sort or another.  I have listed a few of my favorite tutorials below for you to start with if you like, but feel free to use one of your own as well.  
1. Make a project using some form of origami. It can be an element used for a focal point, something incorporated into the actual card base or even packaging created from origami (like a box or small bag)...
2. Upload a photo of your project to you blog or online gallery.
3.  Add the link for your photo to the Mister Linky box below.
4.  Those that leave a comment about what they think about Asian Fusion and the projects here today, will also be eligible to win.  Those that create a project link in Mister Linky AND comment will have an extra entry. Only one comment per person please.
PEM Origami has an amazing website dedicated to video tutorials for this craft.
I really like the Origami-Fun website, and I think you will too.  I especially like her box tutorials.  If you are too nervous about incorporating origami into a card project, create an origami box and then have fun decorating it!
Origami Club has some super fun things as well.  I personally have used this "cup" tutorial several times to make little candy holders, or even incorporated it into a card's interior to hold a gift card or cash.
NetflixOrigami started out as a bit of a joke, with an artist using Netflix envelopes as his medium.  But now there are several great, easy to read tutorials for simple origami there that are super-duper user friendly.
So there's a few things to get you started!  I am sure you will find something that inspired you after browsing all of these links!
Although my card is quite simple I did use paper folding to create my frame for my image.  
My Recipe: 

Stamp: PTI Everyday Button Bits
Buttons: PTI vintage buttons, and a heart shaped button (not sure where that one is from) 
Paper: Card Stock PTI, PP Little Yellow Bicycle
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black

14 comments:

  1. Love the frame around the flowers--so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. that frame is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! You did a great job with the origami challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful way to use your Everyday button bits...I love your frame, Joyce!!
    Thanks for sharing the origami links also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for the origami challenge, that little window frames the buttons spectacularly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce I HOPE everyone is feeling better at your house... sounds like you were busy busy being the Dr.!
    I LOVE your card.. it turned out FABULOUS!!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you folded out the frame, too cool!!

    And I hope you are all feeling better today. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Joyce. Love your choice of colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, you need to have some scrappy time! I'm sorry you are trying to hold down your fort, lol! Take it easy...

    Great card... lovin' the flowers here :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. Just beautiful.

    I'm sure you are being a great nurse to your family. Hope everyone gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty Joyce, I love what you did with the challenge. Hope everyone at your place feels better soon, and you have a chance to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope everyone is mcuh better now Joyce, and I just LOVE this card. What a great idea to frame it in like that. Very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, they really do brighten my day!